Publications and Presentations
1. Bilateral Intraocular hemorrhage secondary to cerebral venous sinus thrombosis.
Kunle-Hassan F, Dattani M, Snead M, Subash M.
Retina Cases Brief Report. 2016 Oct 5.
2. The Effect of Multispot Laser Panretinal Photocoagulation on Retinal Sensitivity and Driving Eligibility in Patients with Diabetic Retinopathy.
Subash M, Comyn O, Samy A, Qatarneh D, Antonakis S, Mehat M, Tee J, Mansour T, Xing W, Bunce C, Viswanathan A, Rubin G, Weleber R, Peto T, Wickham L, Michaelides M.
JAMA Ophthalmol. 2016 Jun 1;134(6):666-72.
3. Lamination of the Outer Plexiform Layer in Optic Atrophy Caused by Dominant WFS1 Mutations.
Majander A, Bitner-Glindzicz M, Chan CM, Duncan HJ, Chinnery PF, Subash M, Keane PA, Webster AR, Moore AT, Michaelides M, Yu-Wai-Man P.
Ophthalmology. 2016 Jul;123(7):1624-6
4. Barriers to sight impairment certification in the UK: the example of a population with diabetes in East London.
Bourkiza R, Subash M, Qatarneh D, Dacosta J, Bunce C, Peto T.
BMC Ophthalmology 2014. 14(1): 99.
5. Abstract: A Prospective Pilot Study of the Effects of Panretinal Photocoagulation Delivered with a Multi-spot Laser on Retinal Sensitivity and Driving Eligibility in Patients with Diabetic Retinopathy.
Subash M, Samy A, Qatarneh D, Antonakis S, Liew G, Mccuden V, Weleber R, Wickham L, Michaelides M.
Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science (IOVS) April 2014, Vol.55, 3894.
6. Intraocular lens delivery characteristics of the preloaded Acrysof IQ SN60WS/Acysert injectable lens system. Ong HS, Subash M, Sandhu A, Wilkins MR.
American J Ophthalmology 2013. 156 (1): 77-81.
7. Sutureless large incision cataract extraction: Indications and results from two teaching hospital eye departments in the United Kingdom.
Khan MI, Syed S, Subash M, Mearza A, Muhtaseb M.
Oman J Ophthalmology 2012. 5(3); 157-60.
8. Spontaneous subluxation of iris-claw aphakic intraocular lens causing complications in 2 children.
Ong HS, Subash M, Adams GG.
J. Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. 2012. 9; 49.
9. Lipomatosis of the orbits: possibly a form of Madelung's disease.
Subash M, Aziz A, O'Doherty M, Olver JM.
Eye. 2012. 26(6): 894-5.1.
10. Unilateral Vitelliform Maculopathy: A Comprehensive Phenotype Study with Molecular Screening of BEST1 and PRPH2.
Subash M, Rotsos T, Wright GA, Devery S, Holder GE, Robson, Pal B, Tufail A, Webster A, Moore AT, Michaelides M.
British Journal of Ophthalmology. 2012. 96(5):719-22.
11. Delayed Cilioretinal artery occlusion following a hemiretinal vein occlusion.
Subash M, Balaggan K, Zambarakji H.
Int Ophthalmol. 2011. 31(3): 215-7.
12. Improvement in the field of binocular single vision following bilateral phacoemulsification with toric intraocular lens implantation in a patient with a partial third nerve palsy.
Subash M, Sloper JJ, Wilkins MR.
Journal of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus 2010. 14(6):555-7.
13. Transient visual loss after seizures.
Subash M, Sheth HG, Saihan Z, Plant GT.
Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology. 2010. 38(7): 734-5.
14. Rapid, accurate and easy pH assessment in ocular chemical injury.
Subash M, Sheth HG.
J Emerg Med. 2009.2(1):1.
15. Cerebral amyloid angiopathy in the aetiology and immunotherapy of Alzheimer disease.
Weller RO, Preston SD, Subash M, Carare RO.
Alzheimers Res Ther. 2009. 1(2):6.
16. Airbag induced chemical eye injury.
Subash M, Manzouri B, Wilkins M.
European Journal of Emergency Medicine 2010. 17(1):22-3.
17. Airbag related chemical keratitis.
Manzouri B, Subash M, Wilkins M.
BMJ Minnerva 2009. 338:1694.
18. Papilloedema as the sole presenting feature of post-partum cerebral venous sinus thrombosis.
Subash M, Parmar DN.
Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology 2009. 44(2):1-2.
19. Rhombencephalosynapsis as a presenting feature of reduced vision.
Subash M, Minasian M.
Journal of American Association for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus 2008. 12(6): 614-5.
20. Nd: Yag Capsulotomy in the prone position under general anaesthesia.
Subash M, Horgan SE.
Ophthalmic Surgery, Lasers and Imaging 2008. 39(3): 257-9.
21. Review: Perivascular Drainage of Amyloid-β Peptides from the Brain and Its Failure in Cerebral
Amyloid Angiopathy and Alzheimer's disease.
Roy O. Weller, Malavika Subash, Stephen D. Preston, Ingrid Mazanti, Roxana O. Carare.
Brain Pathology 2008. 18(2): 253-266.
22. Posterior polar cataract: minimizing risk of posterior capsule rupture.
Letter to the Editor. Eye. 2007; 21(5): 674-5.
23. Abstract: Perivascular pathways for the clearance of interstitial fluid from the brain.
Carare-Nnadi R, Bernardes-Silva M, Subash M, Perry VH, Weller RO.
Neuropathology & Applied Neurobiology. Abstracts of the 106th Meeting of the British Neuropathological Society, January 12-14, 2005. Volume 31(2), 216-245.
24. Abstract: Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy: Differential Preservation of endothelial basement membranes.
Subash M, Weller RO.
Neuropathology & Applied Neurobiology. Abstracts of the 103rd Meeting of the British Neuropathological Society held jointly with la Société Française de Neuropathologie. December 18-20, 2002.Volume 29(2), 179-20.
Other Publications (peer-reviewed)
1. Visual loss in diabetes (BMJ e-learning Module August 2012)
Mala Subash and Narciss Okhravi
This extensive and comprehensive e-learning course was designed over several months for a mixed audience of General Practitioners and foundation year doctors in liaison with BMJ editors.
1. Ranibizumab therapy for myopic CNVM.
Bhatt H, Adenuga O, Sandhu R, Sundaram V, Subash M.
The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, Baltimore, May 2017.
2. Intravitreal Aflibercept in Diabetic Macular Oedema: An Audit of Local Outcomes.
Al-Mousawi A, Hussain F, Subash M, Sandhu R, Sundaram V
Annual Student and Trainee Ophthalmic Conference
Royal Society of Medicine, London December 2016.
3. Efficacy and Safety of Ranibizumab for Macular Oedema in Retinal Vein Occlusion in a UK Eye Unit.
Tagle K, Zormpas S, Fong G, Sundaram V, Sandhu R, Subash M.
Royal College of Ophthalmologists Congress, Birmingham, May 2016.
4. Oral Spironolactone for the treatment of Chronic Central Serous Chorioretinopathy: a Case Series.
Kunle-Hassan F, Tagle K, Sandhu R, Sundaram V, Subash M.
Euretina Winter Meeting, Rotterdam, 23rd January 2016
5. Intraocular lens delivery characteristics of the preloaded AcrySof IQ SN60WS / AcrySert injectable lens system.
Subash M, Ong HS, Sandhu A, Wilkins M.
European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, London, September 2014.
6. A Prospective Pilot Study of the Effects of Panretinal Photocoagulation Delivered with a Multi-spot Laser on Retinal Sensitivity and Driving Eligibility in Patients with Diabetic Retinopathy.
Subash M, Samy A, Qatarneh D, Antonakis S, Liew G, Mccuden V, Weleber R, Wickham V, Micahelides M.
The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, Orlando May 2014.
7. The Effects of laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy on driving vision.
Subash M, Samy A, Omar A, Qatarneh D, Wickham L, Michaelides M.
Patient Diabetic Awareness Day. Moorfields Eye Hospital, November 2012.
8. Spontaneous subluxation of artisan Iris-claw Aphakic Intraocular lens causing complications.
Ong HS, Subash M, Adams GGW.
European Paediatric Ophthalomological Society 37th Annual Conference. October 2011.
9. Agreement on certifiable visual acuity between the diabetic retinopathy screening programme and the hospital clinic in Tower Hamlets.
Bourkiza R, Subash M, Qatarneh D, DaCosta J, Peto T.
Royal College of Ophthalmologists, Birmingham, May 2011.
10. Sutureless large Incision Cataract Extraction (SLICE) has a place in the developed world.
Khan M, Subash M, Mearza A, Muhtaseb M.
American Academy of Ophthalmology, Chicago, October 2010.
11. The use of acellular human dermis for lower lid elevation in chronic facial nerve palsy lagophthalmos.
Subash M, Mathew R, Ortiz-Perez S, Ben-Cnaan R, Olver.
J. British Oculoplastic Surgery Society, Edinburgh, June 2010.
12. Correlation between lacrimal scintigraphy and endoscopic examination of the inferior meatal Valve of Hasner, in patients with epiphora.
Mathew R, Ben-Cnaan R, Subash M, Moosajee M, Olver
J.British Oculoplastic Surgery Society, Edinburgh, June 2010.
13. Long-term visual outcome of complications from Laser Assisted in-Situ Keratomileusis (LASIK) after penetrating keratoplasty (PK).
Subash M, Okera S, Ficker L.
American Academy of Ophthalmology, San Francisco, October 2009.
14. Yag Capsulotomy in the prone position under general anaesthesia.
Subash M, Horgan SE.
European Society of Ophthalmology, Vienna, June 2007.
15. The use of a fixed combination of timolol and brimonidine (Combigan) in a routine clinical setting in the United Kingdom.
Subash M, Brittain CJ, Fong KCS, Amin K, Gillespie IH.
International Glaucoma Symposium, Athens, March 2007.
16. Clinical Experience in laser procedures for ophthalmology SHOs training in the UK.
Subash M, Keightley SJ.
Royal College of Ophthalmologists Congress, Manchester, May 2006.
1. Drainage of suprachoroidal haemorrhage complicating a post vitrectomy cataract phacoemulsification surgery and lens implant.
Subash M, Sallam A, Zambarakji H.
Euretina, Vienna, May 2008.
International and National Oral Presentations
1. A Prospective Pilot Study of the Effects of Panretinal Photocoagulation Delivered with a Multi-spot Laser on Retinal Sensitivity and Driving Eligibility in Patients with Diabetic Retinopathy.
Micahelides M, Subash M, Samy A, Antonakis S, Qatarneh D, Peto T, Wickham V.
Nordic Ophthalmology Society, Stockholm, August 2014.
2. Acellular Human Dermis: Management of chronic facial nerve palsy.
Crawley L, Subash M, Ortiz Perez S, Olver J.
British Oculoplastic Surgery Society, Cardiff, June 2011.
3. What should we teach our eye residents when they begin their training.
Subash M, Lightman S.
South Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology, Bali, May 2009.
4. Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy: Differential Preservation of endothelial basement membranes.
Subash M, Weller RO.
British Neuropathological Society Conference, Southampton, December 2002.